Storms in Australia, particularly hail stone storms cause billions of dollars of damage so Are you storm prepared? Buy Car Covers.
Insurance Cover - Are you storm prepared? Buy Car Covers
Ensure your car is properly insured.
- Repair bills for hail damage can typically exceed $5,000.
- Even minor damage can take a week or more to repair. More extensive damage that necessitates panel replacement can extend the repair time to several weeks.
- Up to 25% of storm damaged vehicles are written off because the cost of repairs nears or exceeds the value of the vehicle.
Car Covers for Hail Protection - Are you storm prepared? Buy Car Covers
Padded car covers intended to prevent or reduce the damage caused by hail stones are available at the best price here.
- The level of protection offered by hail covers will ultimately depend on the type of cover and the size of the hail.
- Hail covers are unlikely to prevent damage from very large hail however they may reduce the level of damage.
- As a guide, hail covers can cost from $200 to more than $500. The price will depend on the quality and features of the cover and whether it is custom made for your particular car.
Buying a cover, consider the following;
- Overall quality of the product i.e. fit, stitching, extent and thickness of padding, quality and durability of materials.
- Covers that don’t have padded sides are unlikely to protect side panels.
- Check that it has adequate tie-down points to prevent flapping or loss of the cover in high winds.
- Check the quality of stitching and the durability of the cover as it needs to withstand frequent fitting and gusty winds.
- Consider the size and weight of the cover. Remember that it needs to be stored when not in use. Storing bulky covers in cars with smaller boot/hatch areas can be a problem.
- Check that the cover manufacturer warrants the product for UV resistance and manufacturing defects.
- Choose a cover that best fits the vehicle – too big and it may flap around, too small and it will not fully cover the lower sections of panels. Try this our for more information.
Are you storm prepared? Buy Car Covers - Hail Protection covers for cars - tips and advice
- Practice fitting the cover before a storm. It can take a few attempts to get it on the car without too much effort.
- Avoid dragging the cover over the ground as it may pick up grit that can scratch the car’s paintwork.
- Avoid dragging the cover on the body paintwork when fitting / removing to prevent dirt / dust on the car causing scratches.
- Heavy or bulky covers may need more than one person to fit / remove and roll up for storage.
- Remove covers regularly to allow any moisture to evaporate. Moisture trapped under a cover could induce rust."
Keep your car under cover - that's great advice and why not under a new carport with solar panels on the roof? Solar- ready carports will protect your car and generate your electricity.